Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014


Happy 2014!
I've never been the resolution-y type, but I've always been a nostalgic type, so lets get this thing started.
2013 was a complacent year, almost like 2012, but even more so.  I've lost a few friends, didn't gain many new ones, but became closer to the handful of people I know.  Quit my job at Popkiller from a manager position because I wasn't growing and then watched TV shows for a straight 4 months after that.  I never remember the months Jan-April of every year, but I can't seem to remember much of this last year...EXCEPT all the amazing shows I've been to and that's something I'm truly thankful for.  I had the time and flexibility to attend and appreciate going to concerts again. 

In 2014, I plan on going back to school for mortuary science to become a funeral director focusing on restoration and embalming of the deceased.  After quitting school almost 3 years ago, I thought that I could be a self starter and education myself on all the subjects that I was interested in, but now that I've found my road, I realize that I do need the support and knowledge of others to gain more insight in the field...and life in general.  

In 2013, I've come to conclusion that it's perfectly fine to be alone.  I don't feel lonely, and coming to terms with my need to be alone most of the time has allowed me to move forward in my interests instead of being occupied of finding ways to go out and hang out with people who I don't really learn that much from.  This year, I've become quite a savvy thrifter and antique hoarder.  I've learned to do more research and be more patient with the items I've found.

Here's my 2014 resolutions:
-  Be more patient.
-  Focus on school.
-  Do more studying outside of school/ do more research
-  Control my temper
-  Be more organized
-  Stop being a brat
-  Have more confidence in myself 
-  Help out with more weddings/large events
-  Make and RECORD more music 

There should be more.  I'll add to the list later.
Happy New Year
Michelle

No comments: